REFER TO BLOG POSTS FOR CURRENT UPDATES
The City of Toronto is improving the streetscape of College Street West between Shaw Street and Havelock Street.This work is required to improve the quality of the road and sidewalk and street environment. Work is expected to begin in summer 2016.
Timeline: Mid June – November 2016
All business will remain open throughout construction.
The project will include the following:
- Replacement of existing curb and sidewalks with decorative pavers
- Installation of 3 blue rooms and 5 side street parkettes
- A total of 81 trees protected by metal tree guards (23 existing, 58 new)
- New landscape treatments including seating, trees, plantings, bike rings, and public art on Roxton Rd, Dovercourt Rd, Concord Ave, and Ossington Ave
- Installation of additional bike parking including custom bike racks
- TTC accessibility improvements
Sidewalks will be closed temporarily at the affected side streets during construction, with intermittent lane closures. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times on College Street. Some access to parking spaces and laneways may be limited during construction, but the contractor will make every effort to provide access where possible. On-street parking will be prohibited in construction zones, so residents and businesses are asked to park at alternate locations where permitted.
Items on City Property
Property owners in the work area are reminded to remove any privately owned items from the sidewalk. The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items installed on City property.
City of Toronto