This notice provides an update on construction activities to be carried out this weekend.
The intersection of Rideau Avenue at Lansdowne Avenue will be closed from
Wednesday October 26, to Saturday October 29 to facilitate road reconstruction.
During this time, residents are asked to use Macdonell Avenue and Sorauren Avenue to Seaforth in order to gain access to Lansdowne Avenue.
To date the City’s contractor has completed all watermain construction work
Now that the new watermain is in service, crews will:
- Reconstruct the sidewalks and road at the intersection of Lansdowne and Rideau Avenue and south of the intersection of Lansdowne and Dundas Street West.
- Complete final asphalt paving and line painting on Lansdowne Avenue,
What to Expect During Construction
- You will experience dust, noise and other inconveniences.
- Property owners should remove items located within City property limits (boulevard or front yard), such as landscaping and / or decorative objects.
- The City will not be responsible for damage to any privately owned items on City property.
|Work Hours: Work will typically take place from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.|
|Traffic Management: Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users and residents. Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets.
· Rideau Avenue will be closed at Lansdowne Avenue, October 26-29.
· Northbound traffic on Lansdowne Avenue will be maintained at all times.
· Southbound traffic will only be maintained for local access to the supermarket plaza located at the south west corner of Lansdowne Avenue and Dundas Street.
· Lansdowne Avenue will be closed in the southbound direction from Dundas street West to Rideau Avenue for the entire project.
|47 Lansdowne Bus Route
· Southbound buses on the 47 Lansdowne route will be diverted via, south on Lansdowne Avenue, east on Dundas Street West, south on Dufferin Street, west on Queen Street West, north on Macdonell Avenue, east on Seaforth Avenue and north on Lansdowne Avenue to regular route.
· Northbound service will be maintained.
Visit: ttc.ca for accurate schedule information
|Alternate Cycle Routes: Cyclists travelling southbound on Lansdowne between Bloor and College Streets and will be diverted west to St. Helen’s Avenue via Lumbervale Avenue, then west on to Dundas Street West and south on Sorauren Avenue. Cyclists travelling northbound on Lansdowne Avenue between Rideau Avenue and Dundas Street West will be required to merge with traffic.|
|Road and Sidewalk Access: In order to complete the work in a safe manner, there will be road and sidewalk restrictions within the construction work area. Access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
Laneways: Laneways and driveways that serve businesses in the area will remain accessible for deliveries or service
|Parking: Parking in the active work zone is not permitted. If your parked vehicle affects the construction work, it will be re-located with no charge to the owner. Please contact parking control for the location of your vehicle at 416-808-2222.|
|Garbage & Recycling: Please follow your normal routine. If required, the contractor will move bins to an appropriate location and return them. Please ensure that you label your bins with your address.|