The City of Toronto will replace the streetcar tracks at the intersection of College and Lansdowne. To accommodate this work the intersection will be completely closed from Monday, July 25th to Monday, August 8th. The intersection will be reduced to one lane from August 8th to September 2nd.
The first few days of full intersection closure are the most disruptive and involve breaking and removing concrete within the streetcar track areas. The breaking will stop at 11:00 p.m.
Efforts have been made to manage traffic in the area for the safety of workers, road users, and residents. These efforts include adding Local Access signs and revising traffic signal times.
Road users should expect delays and increased traffic on nearby main and side streets.
- The College Street & Lansdowne Avenue intersection will be closed to traffic Monday, July 25, 2016, at 6 a.m. to Monday, August 8, 2016, at 6 a.m.
- Pedestrians will have to walk around the work area on sidewalks or walkways provided.
- Cyclists opting to use the sidewalk must dismount and walk the same sections as pedestrians or use alternate routes provided below.
- The intersection will reopen with one lane in all directions on August 8, 2016.
- All lane restrictions at the intersection will be cleared on September 2, 2016.
Alternate Cycle Routes:
Southbound Cyclists: Cyclists travelling south on Lansdowne between Bloor and College Streets and will be diverted west to St. Helen’s Avenue via Lumbervale Avenue, then west onto Dundas Street West and south on Sorauren Avenue.
Northbound Cyclists: The northbound bicycle lane on Lansdowne Avenue will be closed between Rideau Avenue and Dundas Street West and cyclists will be required to share a lane with motor vehicle traffic. At Dundas Street, cyclists may travel east to Brock Avenue and then proceed north on Brock Avenue to College or Bloor.
Eastbound Cyclists: Travelling east on Dundas to Brock Street then north on Brock to College Street (note there is a detour off of College Street between Havelock and Shaw Street).
Westbound Cyclists: Will have to turn off College Street at Brock Avenue, south to Dundas Street West and turn right at Dundas Street West.
Cycling Detours Maps at: www.toronto.ca/collegest
TTC Service The following routes will be diverted
- 506/306 Carlton
- 47 Lansdowne
Visit ttc.ca for further service details.